Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Orange County Employment Lawyer and Employee Rights Attorney
If you are searching for an employment lawyer in Orange County we can help you. Call us now and you can talk to a skilled and experienced staff who will gladly assist you with your specific case. Our company has experienced labor law attorney’s ready to help with your issues. It is very important to get the best legal representation lawyer so you can claim back what you are rightfully owed.
If you been treated unfairly, have unpaid overtime, been discrimination against or had any employment issues at work we know the law and can help you with your claim.
Do you need to speak to an employment lawyer?
Our expert employment lawyers can file an unpaid overtime lawsuit to get the pay you are owed. Wage and hour claims are very common in California as the minimum wage and overtime times rules change often. Employers need to know the laws and pay their staff accordingly or they may face legal issues with a labor lawyer.
Our Labor Law Attorney Can Give You a Free Consultation For:
- We understand the labor laws in California and have the right lawyer to give you a free consultation. Labor law is constantly changing in California and our legal employment experts know what the laws are and can give you a quick response.
- Employment law in California is our specialty and we have a highly experienced team to help you with your case.
- Got issues with unpaid overtime or wage and hour pay? You may consider an unpaid overtime lawsuit to get what you are owed. We have a skilled and experienced overtime lawyer to help you with your case.
- If you are in paid employment and you aren’t getting time and a half for every hour worked over 8 hours in one day you can file a claim. It can be frustrating if your employment situation has gone bad and you still have unpaid overtime.
- Our company covers all areas of employment law. If you have been discriminated against or feel you have had been treated unfair contact us today. We know the laws and can get you what you are owed.
- Employment discrimination can lead to loss of wages and we can help recover your income. Discrimination is a very common legal issue we deal with so if you feel you have been unfairly treated we know how to help.
- Your employer must have just cause to terminate your employment. Our labor lawyers know if your employer has followed the law when they terminated your job. Speak to our wrongful termination lawyer for advice now.
- There are many reasons why you may have been wrongfully terminated in your employment. We deal with clients who have become pregnant, been racially discriminated against, had gender discrimination and lost their employment. This is a legal issue we deal with often in California and it is against the law to terminate employment because of these issues.
- Our Orange County employment lawyers service all areas and are based in Fountain Valley. For a professional labor law attorney contact us today to see if we can help you with your legal requirements.
If you need an attorney for harassment, loss of pay, unpaid overtime or with a breach of contract we can get results. It can be very concerning when you are faced with the prospect of losing a job and lack of earnings.
We provide our customers with a free confidential consultation for your case
This is where Expert Employment Lawyers can make a favorable difference to your case. Our professional and knowledgeable employment attorney’s will provide effective counsel and advice, giving you the reassurance that they will continually strive for the most optimal result with regards to your claim.
As soon as you have any type of employment law issue please ring our top lawyer straight away. We will be happy to speak to you with regards to your case and you can talk to an experienced attorney who will help bring you peace of mind.
Employment Lawyer Orange County Useful links:
California overtime laws require that any employee working overtime in company needs to be paid a rate of 1 ½ times of that of employee’s usual pay. Overtime is calculated for every hour beyond a regular 8 hour work day or any time over 40 hours of work scheduled in a week. You may also be entitled to overtime pay even if you are a salaried employee and do not meet the exemption status defined by law.
If you have been injured at the workplace, you are entitled to compensation through worker compensation from your employer. If your employer did not have workers compensation insurance, you have the right to sue the employer in civil court for your medical expenses and lost wages, as well as pain and suffering, which aren’t allowed in a workers’ comp case.
California is an at-will employment state, meaning employers can discipline or fire employees “at-will,” without either needing or providing a reason to the employee. However, if the termination was discriminatory, such as getting fired because of your race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or pregnancy, this may qualify as wrongful termination.
It is illegal for your Employer to discriminate against you based on the following:
-Race -Color -National Origin -Religion -Pregnancy -Disability -Age (40 and older)
-Genetic Information -Marital Status -Sexual Orientation/Identity -Medical Condition
-AIDS/HIV -Political Affiliation -Military Status -Domestic Abuse Victim
If you feel that you have been discriminated at the workplace based on any of the above, our firm can help you.
Missed Meal and Rest Breaks
You are entitled to meal and rest breaks depending on the number of hours you work in a given shift per work day. Generally, you are entitled to one 30-minute unpaid meal period for every five consecutive hours worked. Employees that work at least 4 hours a day are entitled to a minimum 10 minute break.
The California Labor Code and the Wage Orders prohibit an Employer from employing a non-exempt employee for more than five hours without providing an unpaid meal period of at least 30 minutes. If the employee works more than 10 hours per day, he or she must be given a second 30-minute meal period.
California Minimum Wage is $10.50/hour
Effective January 1, 2017, the minimum wage in California is $10.50 per hour. By 2022, the minimum wage will increase to $15.00 per hour.
If you are receiving less than $10.50 an hour, you are entitled to recovery. Contact us to learn you legal rights.
What our clients are saying..
I had a great experience with this law firm. My attorney educated me on my employment claim and kept me in the loop throughout the entire legal process. I was very happy with the result of my case and would recommend this law firm to anyone looking for aggressive, knowledgeable attorneys to fight for their legal rights.
Expert Employment Lawyers in California
Wrongful Termination/ Retaliation
Harassment / Hostile Work Environment
Meal and Rest Break Violations
Wage and Hour/Misclassification/Unpaid Overtime
Entitlement to Employee Benefits
Our law firm has a proven track record in in assisting California employees with their employment related cases. We are here to fight for your rights and get you what you deserve.
How much will it cost?
We work on a NO RECOVERY, NO FEE CONTINGENCY BASIS, which means there is absolutely no cost to you unless we are recover money for your case.
If you believe your rights have been violated by your employer, contact us for a FREE consultation. Call us now at (888) 558-5998 or fill out our free Case Evaluation Form online and we will contact you within 24 hours of your inquiry.
Our California Employment Lawyers service the following areas:
San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Las Vegas